Thursday, June 4, 2020

Introduction

Who is Dorianne Van Dyke? That is usually the first question someone asks themselves when they visit an individual's blog. Well, I am not sure anyone knows who anyone is in the philosophical sense (joke), but I can shed a little light on who I am professionally/personally and what I would like to achieve with this blog.

I am an attorney in NYC. I graduated from NYU and New York Law School. Aside from my day job, which takes up a bit of my time, I am also very interested in the arts and an avid reader.  I am a member of the Apollo Circle at the MET and a Tilden Conservator at the NYPL. I am also currently working on a women's fiction novel now that is a fish out of water story. I love a good trope. (If you are looking for a writing class, I highly recommend Gotham).